Contributors fund ideas they can be passionate about and to people they trust. Here are some things to do in this section:
- Introduce yourself and your background.
- Briefly describe your campaign and why it's important to you.
- Express the magnitude of what contributors will help you achieve.
Remember, keep it concise, yet personal. Ask yourself: if someone stopped reading here would they be ready to make a contribution?
What We Need & What You Get
Break it down for folks in more detail:
- Explain how much funding you need and where it's going. Be transparent and specific-people need to trust you to want to fund you.
- Tell people about your unique perks. Get them excited!
- Describe where the funds go if you don't reach your entire goal.
Feel free to explain more about your campaign and let people know the difference their contribution will make:
- Explain why your project is valuable to the contributor and to the world.
- Point out your successful track record with projects like this (if you have one).
- Make it real for people and build trust.
Risks & Challenges
People value your transparency. Be open and stand out by providing insight into the risks and obstacles you may face on the way to achieving your goal.
- Share what qualifies you to overcome these hurdles.
- Describe your plan for solving these challenges.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can't contribute, but that doesn't mean they can't help:
- Ask folks to get the word out and make some noise about your campaign.
- Remind them to use the ENjiN share tools!
And that's all there is to it.